A couple of months ago I was asked by OptimalRx to participate in an interview as part of their 2013 Sessions with the Masters DVD series. The result was an approximately 50 minute interview covering a range of cardiovascular conditions and providing great herbal clinical tips. Read more to see how to order and view a short snippet from the DVD.
The great thing about the OptimalRx Sessions with the Masters series is that you can purchase the DVD and watch it at your leisure, rather than having to travel to a particular seminar session. There is also a strong emphasis on liquid herbal prescribing, which is really the essence of individualised patient centred prescribing in naturopathic and herbal medicine.
The topics I covered in this Cardiovascular Herbal Medicine session include:
- Hypertension, with tips on the most reliable herbal formulations.
- A great tip on the best part to use of Crataegus spp. (Hawthorn) – you’ll need to see the DVD to get the full detail!
- Heart failure, and how to manage it.
- Some great information on the amazing Olea europea (Olive leaf).
- Rhythm disturbances, with some specific herbal formula components.
- Angina and how herbal formulations can improve both quality of life and disease outcomes.
- Salvia miltiorrhiza (Dan Shen) – a great medicine for clinicians to use for reducing coagulation.
- Issues around herb/drug interactions in cardiovascular care.
- Cardiac rehabilitation and how herbal care can improve patient care significantly.
- And much more!
You can view a short snippet of approximately 4 minutes below.
If you would like to order this DVD, or any of the others in the great series, you can contact OptimalRx directly via their website or via phone on (03) 9544 1333 or 1300 889 483.